My birthday is next Sunday and I honestly can’t believe that I am turning 33. Wait, what? How did this happen so quickly?! It’s had me going through all sorts of emotions just
thinking back to how far I have come, what I have done so far in my life and so on and so forth. I thought that in honor of this, I would do a fun post today sharing 33 random facts about me that most of you did not know. I am planning to follow up next week with 33 things that I have learned so far. I’ve never done posts like this before so I hope that you enjoy it. Here’s a random photo of me to go along with all of these random facts. 😉
- I was an R.A. and lived on campus my junior and senior year in college.
- I’ve had scoliosis for more than half of my life.
- In grammar school, I played basketball and softball for two years.
- I used to wear braces and huge prescription glasses.
- Both my childhood dog and my bunny rabbit died the same month that my father was
diagnosed with cancer. May 2010 was horrible.
- In college, I started a dance squad and I was the choreographer.
- Anchorman is one of my all time favorite movies and I can do one hell of a Ron
Burgundy impression. I have a Will Ferrell obsession.
- My two front bottom teeth are chipped from a car accident I was in with my mom the summer before going into 6th grade. I also have a scar on my left knee from stitches.
- I graduated Cum Laude with a 3.7 GPA.
- I started taking dance classes when I was 3 years old. [tap, jazz, ballet & hip hop]
- I had my own radio show with another girl in college.
- I started recording music when I was 16 and joined the high school choir.
- Breaking Bad is one of my favorite TV shows, ever. I mean I was even Walter White last year for Halloween.
- I’ve only been in love once in my life.
- I was a cheerleader in grammar school and high school. I was a flyer so they always threw me around. lol
- I auditioned for American Idol in 2002 and spent that weekend sleeping in the Jacob Javitz Center parking lot.
- For years, I’ve secretly always wanted to take acting lessons.
- My first job was retail at Joyce Leslie when I was 16 1/2.
- I worked for a dance company for two years after college and danced at Bar & Bat
- My first car was a blue Honda Civic.
- Growing up, I was obsessed with Aaliyah. I cried so much when she died.
- I started taking vocal lessons in college and have had a few songs on iTunes.
- I was a blonde when I was 17.
- I do not speak Spanish fluently, although I can understand and read a lot of it.
- I used to bartend at a local pub.
- I have 4 tattoos. My first one I got when I turned 21 on my lower right hip of a treble clef rose and then I got the other 3 after my dad died: The word inspire on my left wrist, his death date in Roman Numerals on my left ribcage and the word love in his handwriting on my right wrist.
- I have a weird obsession with all of the superhero shows like The Flash, Arrow, and Daredevil. No idea why, I just can’t stop. I blame Netflix.
- I have an acoustic guitar, but can only play a few chords and I can’t read music. Can someone teach me?
- I was named after my mom’s favorite actress, Natalie Wood.
- I wrote a series of children’s books when I was in the 5th grade called “The Adventures of Susan Trouble”
- I got “best dressed” and “best dancer” in high school. Some of my outfit choices were hideous though.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is the improper use of your and you’re. [It’s the English minor in me]
- I’m really just a big kid at heart.
Ok, that was fun! Did any of these surprise you? How many of these did you already know? Happy weekend loves! 🙂